ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Wednesday 24 February 2010

24 Feb The next 8 weeks (Part 2)

Days and indeed weeks went by, the nights were cold and all too often the days were wet. I was told by other canines this was one of the most wet winters they had been out in. The food supply did not really get much better either, the small mountain villages in Greece have a few tavernas and the likes but little gets thrown out. Village people here are not well off, food is not wasted, especially on dogs! At the side of the road some days I could find take away meal bags that had been thrown out of cars and trucks (just like me really!), the odd one would have some left overs in; such a find became a real treat. When things got really bad I searched around the farming areas and managed to pick up left over goat feed, as some were lucky enough to get some "throw outs". Then where was the "road kill"........I decided to leave that alone, and do my best not to join it !

No comments:

Post a Comment