ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Shall I go for swimming lessons?

Now you will recall my moans about the fact us canines are not allowed on the beaches in Greece between May & October, the main tourist season. This is despite the fact we never leave litter, empty beer cans or cigarette butts in the sand like some humans do, and most of our responsible owners always clear up if we well "get caught by natures demands".
Now I have just heard that across the water in Italy my friends are encouraged to patrol the beaches, in fact some 300 of them are actively helping save the lives of tourists on the Italian coast lines. So far nearly 3000 rescues have been actioned by "life guard dogs" either jumping from rescue boats or helicopters supporting human lifesavers in rescue missions.
Now I was thrown out of a car before Mr Mrs Stop'it adopted me, thats got to give me a good start for being thrown out of a helicopter, don't you think ?

No comments:

Post a Comment