ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Friday 24 September 2010

Visit to the Car Rally

As I promised yesterday I was going to tell you something about the FILPA Rally here in Greece. This was the 39th International Rally and started in the town of Nafplio (see my earlier blogs, because I went there!) over three days the drivers covered 600 miles with many trials and constant speed test driving to Gerolimin & Sparti. The final prize giving evening is here in Kalamata on Saturday.


There was a whole mix of cars taking part but I was confused on what the Greeks class as vintage and what my people say is the difference between vintage and classic. One of the cars taking part was a Triumph Spitfire and I heard Mr Stop'it say he once owned one, does that make him "vintage" too?


I know this BMW was one of the cars my people liked the most, well I guess it is a bit ostentatious to have a Rolls Royce over here in Greece. I was allowed to have a good sniff around all the cars before they started off and several people spoke to me as I was the only dog there! The problem was Mr Stop'it would not let me get in any of the cars to go for a ride. 
We had lots of photos taken of the cars as they left....well I think it was for the cars not for the girl in tight red trousers!!!!!!!!!!!!!


After a while I got a bit tired standing watching all this and I slipped out of my harness....gee I got told off for that!  Then one of the girls at the start line with tight red trousers starting talking to me....I think Mr Stop'it was jealous because after that he took me to sit down at the taverna with him.  I did get a well overdue long drink of ice cold water though whilst he and Mrs Stop'it had a frappe............



No comments:

Post a Comment