ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Wednesday 29 December 2010

The "pup" next door

I can't recall if I told you that one of my human neighbours a few weeks ago got themselves a puppy to look after them?  I went and introduced myself to the new baby when he was only four weeks old and I also allowed my people to donate one of my collars to him.   Not a bad looking bundle of fur for a kid, I must say. and quite well mannered.   The problem starts when 
they become teenagers and think their generation invented "serve and protect". Wanting to be out on the town every night barking mad, and chasing cars, not to mention trying to run after felines!
Anyway, Rex (as the humans call him) arrived at my gate this morning so I invited him in for a play around; not that he was much fun but I guess he is still far too young, in fact I'm old enough to be his Grandmother! (mind you I don't feel it)

However as you will see from the photographs pups grow up very quick and Rex is nearly as big as me. Now thinking about that and thinking about the future I needed to lay down some ground rules, after all I was here first! Then giving things a second thought I need to make sure I remain friendly with him as in a year or so he'll be big enough to eat me!
So he had the grand tour of "Villa del a Rosie" 

Mr Stop'it even gave him some of my meaty strips, as if he needed feeding! Now as long as he remains a visitor and leaves my food bowl alone I don't mind, in fact it will be fun to have another canine around the place and given the size he will grow to perhaps he'll be able to keep some of these street urchins away that come around at night to pester me..............

No comments:

Post a Comment