ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Thursday 6 January 2011

Another Christmas ?


One thing about living here in Greece with my British people is that I get  Christmas twice a year. You see whilst my people only celebrate Christmas on 25th December, the Greek adults celebrate the 6th January as well, the first day of Epiphany. The day is special to Greeks, there is the ceremony of the Blessing of the waters and the vessels that sail on them. Another human custom is the local priest throws a large crucifix into the harbour and young men brave the cold water to retrieve it. I think that where Mr Stop'it gets his idea that I should retrieve his stick he throws in the water for me.....WRONG!  I'm not that stupid.

By the way on my visit to the beach this morning I met my "stray" mate again, we played hunt the smell and chase, but he still did not catch me!



No comments:

Post a Comment