ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Monday 4 April 2011

Poison No2


My people always take my anti poison injection kit with us when I go out on walks, but if for any reason any of my canine friends  were to be poisoned and a kit was not available it is very important to act very fast.......you may not have the time to get to a vet, as I said before some poisons (like the type laid down here in Greece by morons) would kill me in 5-10 minutes!

Poisons act in different ways, but here in Greece the stuff put down results in frothing at the mouth, loss of balance, massive convulsions and loss of bladder & bowel control. 

It is absolutely vital to make me vomit (except of course in the case of corrosive poisons) . Salt water "may" work, but far better would be a mixture of plain old household mustard! (yuk).....Squirty type ready made is available in most grocery stores, and there may be one much nearer than the vets surgery....
Another option is a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide, again that pharmacy may be nearer than a vet, one way or another you have to get my canine friends to swallow it..................
Of course you still need to get to the vet, but this action may just save a canine life.

No comments:

Post a Comment