ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Friday 20 May 2011

I'm glad we waited



The next day we went to the village of Kalivrita. Now very few people know that Greece has massive snow fields in the winter and this is the place to come to enjoy skiing, snowboarding and racing snowmobiles. Now being a truly "hot dog" I am glad my people waited until all the snow had gone to take me there! 
It also is the village that suffered terrible atrocities under Nazi occupation in WWII, where all the men and boys from the village were taken to the hills and shot after they were to witness the burning down of their town.
This church we went to (well my people went inside, I get tied to the rubbish bin!!!!), was rebuilt after the first church was set on fire with the women folk of the village in it. Thankfully most escaped..........
(Don't forget you can click on the photos to enlarge them and see me clearer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment