ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Saturday 1 October 2011

28 dogs killed !

Some time back on my blog I told you about the danger me and my canine friends risk in Greece with poison being laid on open land to kill us....well things have hit a new low!  I post below a letter from a cam-board friend that is self explanatory.....please help.

Today I received a sad email from the kind people who run the Melios Animal Shelter in Gythio. Somebody went onto their premises twice this week and poisoned 28 of the dogs they had rescued and were caring for. As you can imagine they were devastated to see their poor dogs lying dead.

They do a valuable job, with very little money (like our local animal welfare organisation, KAWs) to help the abandoned, often badly treated animals they rescue. 

They are appealing to the Mayor of Gythio to help and support them to stop such acts of cruelty to animals and to help them raise funds to carry on. They have asked as many people as possible to email the Mayor to ask him to help their cause.

It would be a big help if anyone here who is, as I was, shocked by this could write to the mayor in support of Melios Animal Shelter. His email address is:mkoliakou@1315.syzefxis.gov.gr
Your support would be very much appreciated by the Melios team, Vasiliki, Litsa, Jenny, Judi, Jolly, Mali, Henia and Els.

No comments:

Post a Comment