ROSIE - DOG

My photo
Nr Chalais, France but often in Greece
Hello, I'm Rosie, a Greek dog rescued after being dumped from a car ! Follow my blog and I'll tell you about my life If you want to hear my story from the very beginning click on visit "About me (Rosie)" below and follow the link

More details of ME (Rosie)

Blog Archive

Thursday 21 March 2013

Its Poison............


As spring arrives so do many problems for us canines in Greece and indeed many other places around the world.  So my mate Pal and I thought it time to remind all you humans out there about chemicals and foods that are dangerous to us. 

Many things you people use (and even eat) will poison me and my friends. As you will know here in Greece at this time of year not only do we have to be on the lookout for people drowning the fields with weed killer (normally Round-up), but also as the tourist season approaches nasty humans leave poison around hidden in bones, meatballs and other foods to tempt both us dogs and our feline enemies......

Next week is National Poisons Week......

I have linked to a page that will  give you loads of information below:-

Pet Poisons...........

However even this list does not cover all things, don't take any notice of the phone number (unless your in USA), but always have your vets number handy and if like me you live some of the time in Greece, get your  housekeepers to always carry an anti-poisons injection kit with them.  The stuff found around the beaches out here will kill the biggest of us dogs in 20 minutes!  Only if they act fast can we be saved if we get fooled into eating something !!!!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment